Thursday 20 March 2014

Lazy Chicken Stock

A bowl of my lazy stock (apologies for the yellow cast, took this photo at night and not sure how to fix it)


Super quick and simple recipe for chicken stock when you're in a rush or just hungry and need a soup base for a recipe!
_________________________________________________________________________________

 

Lazy Chicken Stock


Ingredients:

          Bones from 1kg chicken thighs (after flesh removed, you can sub for 2 chicken frames)
          3-4 litres water
          Sugar & salt (to season)
          1 onion, peeled (optional)

Method:

  1. Simmer bones and remove froth and impurities with a ladle. Simmer for 20-30 minutes (the longer the better when it comes to making stock - the longer the soup is simmering, the more flavour extracted from the bones)
Stock froth: Gross, I know, but that's why we scoop it out!
     2.  Season to taste
     3.  Remove bones and use in any recipe you please (try my lazy chicken sweet corn soup!)


****Tips: 

You can add a whole peeled onion to the stock to create a naturally sweeter flavoured stock if you like - this is just my base (lazy) recipe for stock - so feel free to add extra flavours like bay leaves and carrots.

Complementary Recipes:


- Lazy Chicken Sweet Corn Soup:

Click here for the recipe. Deliciously quick and easy hearty soup to satisfy your 'restaurant soup' cravings or to enjoy on a cold, rainy day!
_________________________________________________________________________________
This is the stock recipe I use when I'm craving chicken sweet corn soup and can't wait to simmer a 4 hour stock (which would be delicious, by the way, I'm just usually hungry -hehe-). Using this recipe combined with my chicken sweet corn soup recipe it takes me under an hour to create a hearty soup with enough servings for the rest of my family plus leftovers for me to enjoy the day after!

I'd love to see your versions of my recipes if you try them! Feel free to send them through to my email address; on Instagram with the tag (@unadornedeats) and/or hash-tag (#unadornedeats); or attach them to a comment below!


Love and luck in your cooking!

- Unadorned Eats

No comments :

Post a Comment